Who we are
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When opening an account, the Service collects your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, and fax number. We collect this information because it may be necessary to contact you about your account. Also, if you are registering a domain name, this information is required by ICANN.
In addition, when you open an account, the Service asks you to create a username and password. The Service uses your username for identification purposes only, and uses your password for verification of your identity only.
- If you are placing an order, the Service collects your credit card number and/or other billing information. This information is used only to collect payment for services rendered. If you are placing an order or logging in to your customer account, the Service may log your IP address as a security measure. If you purchase digital (SSL) certificate services, the Service also collects information about your subject domain name registration.
- If you choose to participate in our Refer-A-Friend program or other promotions to tell others about our website, we will ask you to provide your friend’s name and email address. The Service stores this information for the sole purpose of sending a one-time email to your friend.
- If you submit a complaint to us about our Service or about any one of our customers, the Service collects your name and contact information, which may be used in our investigation.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
If you are registering a domain name, your contact information will be listed on the public Whois service. This listing is required by ICANN. Further, ICANN requires the Service to submit your contact information and personal data associated with your domain name registration to an ICANN-approved third party data escrow service provider, such as Iron Mountain Digital. In addition, the central registries require the Service to submit to them your contact information and personal data associated with your domain registration.
When placing any order, we submit your billing information to the payment processor.
- If you are purchasing a digital (SSL) certificate, all information that you provide us that forms the content of a digital certificate will be “published” on the internet. Publication of digital certificates in an accessible location (a repository) is an integral part of enabling the widespread use of digital certificates. Your digital certificate will be published in our repository, or that of the providing vendor, so that a third party may access, review, and rely upon your digital certificate. You should have no expectation of privacy regarding the content of your digital certificate. The exact information that appears in a digital certificate varies depending on the type of certificate you purchase. Generally, this information includes your name or company name, the subject domain name, country, status of certificate validity, and dates of certificate validity.
- If you use a forum or bulletin board tool on our website, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. The Service generates a user ID to be associated with your account that is unique and different from your account username, for the specific purpose of allowing you to use these forums without disclosing your account information. The user ID may contain information related to your physical location or name initials. You have the option of changing your forum user ID in your account settings. The Service is not responsible for the personally identifiable information you submit in these forums.
- If you purchase websites, website templates, site building software, web hosting, or other such website services, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit on any such web pages can be read, collected, or used by third parties, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. The Service is not responsible for the personally identifiable information you disclose using any of these services.
The Service is a reseller of the site building software offered on its website. If you purchase site building software through the Service, you should be aware that we are required to share your name and contact information with the vendor for whom we are a reseller.
If you submit a complaint to us about our Service or about any one of our customers, the Service reserves the right to share your name and contact information with the party against whom you are lodging the complaint, with a law enforcement agency, or with a third party during the course of a legal or administrative proceeding, as we deem necessary in our sole discretion.
Though the Service makes every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on us.(Please see our Subpoena Policy.)